FinTech North are excited to shared announcements for next month’s Women in FinTech (North) seminar. The upcoming breakfast seminar will take place on Friday 23rd February in collaboration with Leeds City Council, and will be held at Leeds Beckett University.
The FinTech North events are for anyone interested in the region’s Financial Services and FinTech ecosystem. This event in particular will be championing diversity in the northern FinTech sector.
Participants and panellists will discuss broader gender balance issues in the sector, consider how FinTech and other financial services firms have sought to improve diversity within their organisations, and analyse the benefits of doing so. Participants will also examine the HMT Women in Finance Charter, its role as a catalyst for change and why FinTech firms should consider signing the Charter.
Speakers and panellists confirmed to date include:
– Laura Bailey, Founder, Qadre & Spokesperson, British Blockchain Association (Chair)
– Sara Parker, Director, Alban Parker & North Invest
– Georgina Mitchell, Non-Executive Director, rebuildingsociety.com
– Sarah Tulip, Chief Operations Officer, aql
– Jay Sheth, Head of Diversity, Virgin Money
– Zandra Moore, CEO, Panintelligence
– Chris Sier, FinTech Envoy to the Northern Powerhouse, visiting professor of Financial Technology at University of Leeds.
This seminar will begin with a networking breakfast at 8.30am, and is expected to finish at 11.00am. Sign up for a spot here.